Thursday, September 23, 2010

theme/question

 Hi! I think I have got a theme for my blog...education/kid's nutrition. And maybe random stuff in between. For now I want you to think about this: One boy in my class brings ham and cheese lunchables every single day. With a capri sun juice. The lunchable has three sets of ham and cheese with cracker sandwiches that are really small. It  also has one crunch bar(crunchy chocolate) that is bite-size. Even though it is very tiny, the crunch bar has 560 calories in it! Even though this may be an obvious question, do you think it is healthy for this person to eat this every day, and why is it or not?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Apoorva! Congrats on starting your blog. Regarding your question above, I remember when everyone used to bring lunchables to school. Not only are they unhealthy, but they are way too small and not enough for a growing student!

    Good luck with your blog - I'm looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you become a follower! And also the boy who eats lunchables is the shortest in the class, so you are definitely right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Apoorva! Adora brought me here :) .

    In my opinion, I'd say that unless he burns at least that number of calories a day, it wouldn't be good for him to eat it.

    3,500 calories = 1 pound, which means he is gaining more than 1 lb a week.

    Looking forward to reading more from your blog. By the way, you can also blog about your hobbies and give us tips on that! :)

    Cheers!
    Gloson
    http://www.glosonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for following my blog Gloson! Yes I think I will also post some of my hobbies in between.:)

    P.S. the boy who I was talking about was one of those people who is always skinny no matter what they eat...I wish I was like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Priya, I remember when lunchables were the norm for school lunches. It's definitely not healthy. The portions are horribly small and there's no nutrition contained in them -- I suppose they're only popular because they're fast to give your child on his or her way out the door.

    ReplyDelete