Monday, March 28, 2011

Energy Drinks

Even though I just posted yesterday, I felt like posting today too. This is a nutrition post, about...energy drinks! Almost everybody loves Coke and/or Powerade, but they are not too healthy! In one can of 12 oz. Coke, there is 10 teaspoons of sugar! That's like 20 sugar cubes! And that is definitely not healthy for anybody. 
And Powerade is made of sugar syrups and salt, like Gatorade. So even though, sometimes, whether if these beverages or any other energy drinks may tempt you, stay away from them. But if you haven't had a Coke or other energy drink in a really long time or are about to exercise a bunch, then I guess it is fine... :)

3 comments:

  1. I've never drunk any of those energy drinks, and I really don't plan to! I wouldn't want to drink something that is pure sugar just for the sake of becoming energetic...I wouldn't be able to stand the sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Maya! Most people have trouble from being to tempted to energy drinks, but you like to stay away from them. I wish everybody cold be that way... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know--a lot of these energy drinks market themselves because of "electrolytes" and other things, but really it just means that they use a whole lot of salt and sugar.

    ReplyDelete