Sunday, October 10, 2010

Back from camp/ fast food

 Hello! I am back from camp, which was absolutely awesome! I was a little homesick though, so I am happy to be back home. I appreciate everybody who is reading and commenting on  my blog, thank you! I love enjoying wildlife and nature is so beautiful. I was thinking of making some poems about nature, since I like writing and poems (especially reading them). Any ideas?
  I was thinking about what causes obesity and I first though of one thing...fast food. Fast food is almost everywhere you go and it is so cheap. It also is more convienient than healthy and expensive food.( Convienient meaning easier to get and cheaper). Why can't healthy food be this way? I mean, even though fruit and veggies are more expensive, why can't we change that. Imagine healthy food being part of fast food instead of greasy french fries and burgers. Even though some fast food resturants have salads and apples and things like that, do they advertise them as much? The obvious answer is no. If fast food was healthy or even healthier, it would save alot of people from being obese. What are your thoughts on this?

P.S.: When I googled my name (for fun) I saw that there was another person with my exact same name on Facebook. I am not on Facebook, so it's funny that there is a person with the exact same name as me on it. I think I am too young and I probably won't have enough time to post anything on it. Also, my dad has an account so if I have an urgent I can post it on his account. Just wanted to say that randomly :D.

2 comments:

  1. I know that a lot of the meat in fast food is "bad" meat from the guts of the animals or something, so it's cheaper. Veggies are in general more expensive because it takes a lot more work to grow them and prepare them for the grocery store. But then you come across another problem - should everyone eat organic only? Because even veggies can have preservatives and yucky stuff, if it's non-organic. And organic food is quite expensive.

    In terms of cost, I don't think that fresh, local fruits and veggies are ever going to be cheaper than the products that companies use. And since the company exists to make a profit, it attempts to buy as low as possible to increase profits.

    I think that instead of getting fast food companies to radically change their menu (because they are, after all, a company), people should try to educate themselves and others about healthy ways of eating. If more people could buy healthy food from the store and cook it themselves, then they wouldn't have to eat fast food in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would have to agree that organic foods are pretty expensive(they are only cheap in my dreamland). I guess I didn't phrase what I mean correctly... I mean to say that it is one of the ways that we can help obesity. Of course people educating themselves to eat healthy would be the best way, but it would be so hard to do that (almost impossible for some people). If only everyone understood how not being obese could benefit themselves...then maybe they would change their eating habits. People are either too lazy or too into junk food to realize.

    P.S. : I am not talking about certain people, this is just in general

    ReplyDelete